The Faculty Council represents faculty members in college matters and is responsible for:
- Supporting the College mission and core values;
- Safeguarding academic freedom and promoting academic excellence;
- Participating in College District shared governance;
- Promoting effective communication among faculty, between faculty and administration, and between faculty and student services;
- Promoting unity and cohesion among the faculty; and,
- Promoting the professional, economic, and social welfare of the faculty.